Dr. Thomas Doherty will help you reach your goal of creating a life that feels healthy and sustainable, in balance with nature and technology.
Dr. Thomas Doherty is an award winning professional psychologist from Portland, Oregon, USA. His clients include healthcare and technology professionals, and people in various fields working to solve social and environmental problems. He also helps couples achieve shared life goals. Dr. Doherty welcomes people of diverse backgrounds and lifestyles.
Thomas Doherty is internationally recognized for his research on nature and mental health and the psychological impacts of global climate change. He provides training and support for mental health professionals worldwide who are addressing eco-anxiety and climate change.
In-person and long distance counseling, therapy and coaching. Make progress on your goals. Learn mindfulness and life skills to improve your mood and reduce stress.
Research on environmental identity, nature-based stress reduction and sustainable lifestyles translated into easy-to-understand talks and practices.
Training and supervision for mental health professionals worldwide who seek to address climate change impacts. Consults and speaking for business, health care and conservation groups.
News and Blog
- Speaking of Psychology Podcast 138: How to Cope with Climate Anxiety with Dr. Thomas Doherty and Dr. Ashlee Cunsolo
- Addressing Climate Change Concerns in Psychology Practice
- Webinar: Moving Forward, Staying Grounded: A Mental Health Toolbox for Climate-Concerned Parents & Activists
- Coach’s Circle #77: Thomas Doherty
- COVID-19: Access to Nature, Parks and Green Spaces Should be Essential
- Coping with COVID-19: Where your Feelings go, your Thoughts will Follow