Ecotherapy and Climate Conscious Therapy Training and Consultation for Mental Health Professionals. New Sessions begin January 2023.
This is a 12-session online group, presented in English, open to participants worldwide. The group meets weekly for 80 minutes. Multiple cohorts serve different international time zones.
Group meetings include educational topics, case consultation, role-plays, self care activities, and tips for professional practice building. All slides and materials are available.
This group has been a supportive and inspiring place to delve more deeply into the field of ecotherapy, connecting with peers, learning from Thomas and understanding my own values guiding me on this path as a therapist and an individual.Fall 2021 Attendee
Dr. Doherty presents key topics that support effective mental health practices in a variety of settings:
- Ethics for Ecotherapy and Climate-focused Counseling and Therapy
- Mental Health Impacts of Climate Change & Opportunities for Engagement by Mental Health Providers
- Psychological Tools for Managing Eco-stress and anxiety (including practitioner self care)
- Experiencing a Range of Emotions about Nature and the Environment
- Developing Environmental Identity with a Multicultural and Justice Lens
- Recognizing and Working with Diverse Environmental Values
- Family Influences and Parenting
- Restorative Natural Settings, Outdoor and Walking Therapy, and Nature-based Stress Reduction
- Cognitive Scripts that Drive Eco-anxiety and Despair and How to Counter These
- Supporting Grief and Mourning
- Adapting Commonly Used Cognitive-Behavioral, Psychodynamic and other Therapy Styles
- Promoting Effective Environmental Actions and Climate Adaptation
- Arts, Spirituality and Life Transcendent Goals
- Expert tips for facilitating Climate Cafes
Examples of days and times
Wednesday Cohort: 4 PM Pacific / 7 PM Eastern / 9 AM Australian Eastern (the next day, Thursday).
Thursday Cohort: 9 AM Pacific / 12 PM Eastern / 6 PM Central European Time.
Other times may be available depending on interest. Contact Dr. Thomas Doherty about tailoring groups for your organization.
The cost of the 12 session consultation group series is based on one’s ability to pay:
600.00 / 780 / 900.00 US