New Groups Begin January 2022: Ecotherapy and Climate Conscious Therapy Training and Consultation for Mental Health Professionals.
This is a 10-session online group, presented in English, open to participants worldwide. The group meets weekly for 60 minutes with optional 20 minute debrief and discussion. There are multiple cohorts to serve different time zones.
Group meetings include educational topics, case consultation, discussion and role-plays, provider self care, and tips for professional practice building.
Dr. Doherty presents key topics that support effective mental health practices in a variety of settings:
- Ethics for Ecotherapy and Climate-focused Counseling, Healthcare, and Therapy
- Mental Health Impacts of Climate Change & Opportunities for Engagement by Mental Health Providers
- Psychological Tools for Managing Eco-stress and anxiety (including practitioner self care)
- Experiencing a Range of Emotions about Nature and the Environment
- Developing Environmental Identity with a Multicultural and Justice Lens
- Recognizing and Working with Diverse Environmental Values
- Family Influences and Parenting
- Restorative Natural Settings, Outdoor and Walking Therapy, and Nature-based Stress Reduction
- Cognitive Scripts that Drive Eco-anxiety and Despair and How to Counter These
- Supporting Grief and Mourning
- Promoting Effective Environmental Actions and Climate Adaptation
- Arts, Spirituality and Life Transcendent Goals
The new session begins on Wednesday January 19, 2022. Meetings occur each following Wednesday through March 30, 2022 (no group meeting March 23). Contact Dr. Thomas Doherty for details and to learn about other opportunities.
Cohort 1: 9 AM Pacific / 12 PM Eastern / 6 PM Central European Time
Cohort 2: 12 PM Pacific / 3 PM Eastern
Cohort 3: 4 PM Pacific / 7 PM Eastern / 9 AM Australian Eastern Time
The cost of the 10 session consultation group series is based on one’s ability to pay:
400.00 / 550.00 / 700.00 US